Welcome to Kevin Daniel's Page!
Hobbies / Favorite Sites
- U.S. Army veteran.
- A.A.S Electronics, Edmond
Community College, Emdonds, WA.
- B.S., Industrial Computer Systems, Illinois State University ,
- M.S., Applied
Computer Science , Illinois State University.
- M.S., Library and
Information Science, University
of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- Author of several genealogy books.
- Information Security Analyst for an Illinois based
company (Linux and UNIX server operating systems).
- Project manager for the Daniel DNA
- Project manager for the Hostetter DNA Project.
to Thomas Daniel of Colonial Virginia and Eight Generations
of His Descendants
County, Virgina Daniel DNA project.
Return to Top of Page
- My 134 year old Victorian house.
Motorcycle Safety Foundation ex-instructor.
- Genealogy, author of several books, public speaker for
DNA research and genealogy.
- Exercise, yoga, running, jumping rope, walking, bicycling, hiking,
- I have an appreciation for boxing and other martial
arts. I am just an observer these days but studied several
styles over a couple of decades. This study was my
introduction to the concept of seeking balance in life,
which has had a major impact on my life in the most positive
way. Styles formally studied:
- Isshinryu Karate, while living in Okinawa.
- Wing Chun Kung Fu, while living in Thailand.
- Kenpo Karate, while living in Seattle.
- I have been practicing Hatha and Kundalini Yoga for
over a decade, now. I like to mix things up and am doing
Kripalu Vinyasa Flow yoga, Kundalini yoga, and an
occasional session of power yoga. I enjoy exploring the
various styles of yoga. Each has it's own special benefit.
- Live theater, especially Shakespeare and Gilbert &
Sullivan, but also any well done play.
- Jim Jarmousch movies are pretty cool. I like well made
movies of any genre.
- Early acoustic Blues, Jazz, Swing, and Big Band music.
Some of my favorite artists are Mississippi John Hurt, Son
House, Johnny Shines, Charlie Patton, and Charlie Akers.
Also like Django Reinhardt, Fats Waller, Artie Shaw......
- I also like classical music, especially piano and
violin concertos and sonatas. Glenn Gould is on my play
list. Pearl has a great set of Artur Schnabel
performing Beethoven's sonatas, and also Ignaz Friedman's
performances. Pretty cool. I have also started collections
of Vladomir Horowitz's performances and also Wanda
Landowska's harpsichord and piano performances. Always in
style! Sibelius, Tchaikovsky, and Chopin are getting more
play time in my home lately, too.
- Art Glass collecting: Westmoreland, Fenton, Kemple,
Imperial, Viking, Pilgrim, etc., and also some local art
- Art collecting and art history research. Check out some
favorites from my art collection on my art collection web site.
Return to Top of Page